Monday, June 27, 2011

Brob's #34

As I write, I am listening to a song by Arcade Fire. The song is called, "In the Month of May". How about the month of June in South Carolina?! According to the locals, the heat is uncharacteristic of this time of year. However, does that stop me from doing Brob's Challenge? No...it does not; but, it sure makes me think twice about doing the WOD after 10:00 AM!

I have gotten behind in our challenge. For this, I am disappointed. I do not like to make excuses. However, this time, I must acquiesce. The lower-right portion of my back has been limiting me lately (let's say for the past six weeks!). Because of that, I have been sticking to lower weights. In addition to the decrease in loads, I have been restricting my "pulling" exercises. And this is why I have refrained from participating in Brob's #33. Do not fear my CrossFit brethren--I will make up this WOD!

Heat aside, this WOD was rough! It tested the ability to move your body (without any additional weight) as quickly as possible, with your heart beating out of  your chest! The "pre-rowing" and "post-running" added a challenging component to the WOD.

Check out a short video of me struggling through...

No comments:

Post a Comment