Thursday, May 26, 2011

Brob's Challenge #32

Okay, so Rob and I have gotten behind. Give us a break, it's the first time it has happened in about seven months. I could provide you with countless excuses, and how we "just didn't have time" but that is lame. You may have figured, that by now in my extensive wisdom, I would have a firm grasp on time management. Oh time, you heartless b&%ch!

Anyway, let's get down to business with the belated Brob's Challenge #32:

In seven minutes, complete the following:
Row 1000 meters
100lb (45kg) Squat snatch, max reps
Total score for the challenge is the total number of squat snatches completed

If you take the time to watch the video (which I am sure you all will, right?) then you will notice that the first snatch coming off the rower was as ugly as they come. As a matter of fact, I did not even complete the movement, which of course, resulted in a "no rep" for that one.

For the squat snatches, I wanted to choose a weight that would be relatively heavy, but manageable in regard to rest periods. In other words, I wanted the weight to be heavy enough to make you think twice about banging out rep, after rep, after rep. I believe I achieved that.

My score: 25 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment