Friday, July 8, 2011

Brob's #35

This week's challenge was programmed by our great friend and CrossFitter, JB. He was able to combine two exercises that I hate the most: running and wall-ball shots. Thanks JB. However, I must digress--it's CrossFit baby!

After I finish a WOD that involves running, I always feel that I could have gone faster. It's funny, because I think that I can run faster every time before a WOD too. But, of course, 400 meters into the run and the "suck factor" kicks in. As CrossFitters, we understand and embrace the "suck factor"--and in Rob's case, he is getting prepared to embrace it like he has never done before. The CrossFit Games are a few short weeks away.

The bottom line: Rob is ready. Awhile ago, Rob asked me to help him program WODs to better prepare him for the Games. I gave him about four weeks of programming...targeting his weaknesses. I refrained from going any further with the programming. Why you ask? Because both of us have identified his weakness...we have worked on them, and he continues to work on them. To offer any supplemental programming at this point would be, in my opinion, counterproductive to his training. Every athlete peaks at different times--it is up to the individual to find out when that time is. For me, three weeks leading up the to the 2009 CrossFit Games, I found that decreasing volume (and a little bit of intensity) is for me; however, for Rob, that may be different. Go get it, my friend!

1 comment: