Sunday, July 17, 2011

Brob's #36

It has been more than five years since CrossFit found me. I say that it "found" me, and not the other way around, because I honestly had no idea what I was looking for with regard to a legitimate fitness program. I am just thankful that it did find me (via my buddy, Wade Adams). But this blog post is not about me; it is about the close bonds and friendships that I have made throughout my CrossFit journey.

All of those who were a part of CrossFit Ramstein know what I am talking about. And even though our affiliate had to be discontinued, the flame still burns at Ramstein. Many thanks goes out to those who are still hangin' around the North Side Fitness Center: JB, Jay, Vanessa, Tina, Tim, and Dustin. A special thanks goes out to JB for stoking that flame even more--just recently he has been posting weekly WODs on the Functional Fitness Freaks Ramstein Facebook page.

Even though I am unable to physically be there with my friends, and gut through the WOD with them, they are still in my heart while I do the exact same workout thousands of miles away. For this week's challenge, Rob and I decided to do JB's programming again. We kind of screwed it up though...not resting where we were supposed to! Anyway, here's what we did:

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
25 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood

My time: 13:12 Rx'd

No comments:

Post a Comment