Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Back to the 'Burg"

Kari, my Mom, and I were fortunate enough to have worked out twice at CrossFit Blacksburg over the Thanksgiving holiday. Several weeks ago, I used their WOD for one our challenge workouts. I love Amy and Neil's programming so much that I decided to use one of their WODs again (thanks you two!).

Here it is:

15-12-9 reps* for time of:
Pull-ups
Hang power snatch, 95lbs (40kg)
Wall-ball shots, 20lbs (10kg)
Ring push-ups
Push press, 95lbs (40kg)

*Start first round with a 400m run, start second round with a 300m run, and start third round with a 200m run.

My time: 12:34
Brian's Mom killin' the kettlebell
This workout went really well for me--it played to a lot of my strengths, bar only two: running and wall-ball shots. I always feel (know) that I can push myself harder on the running portion of a WOD. However, for a WOD like this, I always fear that if I push myself too hard, I won't have much left in the tank to crank out the reps fast enough.

Hope you had "fun" with this one Rob!

No comments:

Post a Comment