Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Radical Assumptions" Challenge #8

Radical assumptions is right. One would assume that after more than four years of following CrossFit methodology, one would understand that just reading what the WOD is and actually doing the WOD are two completely different animals.

Take a quick look at Rob's post below and check out the challenge. The first AMRAP went fairly well for me; however, after looking at Rob's score, I should have known better (way to kill it Rob!). Five rounds, even...okay. Now, the second AMRAP totally messed with my head. I did not even complete two rounds. It was my first experience incorporating heaving snatch balances into a WOD--to be honest, I have never really even gone heavier than the 20kg bar with the heaving snatch balance. It was just one nasty, nasty AMRAP...it challenged me not only mentally, but physically as well.

My scores:
1st AMRAP: 5 rounds
2nd AMRAP: 1 round + 3 overhead squats
Double-unders: 61 seconds

Check out the short video below of me during the first AMRAP. My video camera's battery died on me about halfway through, so (and I'm okay with this) I was unable to video tape the second AMRAP.

1 comment:

  1. Good effort Brian! We are keeping the train rolling!
    Using heaving snatch balances in a wod for the first time really opened up new doors four us. They were really difficult to do after all the other stuff.

    Imagine what would have happened if you used the first in the wod?

    Take care Brother!

    ReplyDelete