Monday, February 7, 2011

Brob's #19


Today, I was the brat and Brob's Challenge #19 was the baseball bat (watch video for the Ramones reference). I will not conjure up one excuse as to why this WOD was extremely challenging today. Not one. It simply (or not so simply) was just not my day. But, I am not overly disappointed--everyone has these kinds of days once in a while during their training. Unfortunately, Kari and I did not do the challenge on the same day. Perhaps if she was there to push me through it, I would have ignored the "suck factor".

400 double-unders. A long time ago, 400 double-unders would have seemed virtually impossible. The reason? Oh, because there was a time when I could not do ONE double-under to save my life.Now, since I am reasonably proficient at them, I knew I could do 400 double-unders. However, I had no idea just how long it would take--especially after the 400 meter sprint and 10-minute AMRAP. Let me tell you this: it took a lot longer than I would have liked!
Our results (400m run / 10-min AMRAP / 400 double-unders)

Kari: 1:30 / 6 rounds (185lb, then 155lb DLs) / 2:33 (100 reps)
Brian: 1:19 / 7 rounds + 1 DL / 13:53 

No comments:

Post a Comment