Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brob's #20

Amazing. 20 weeks have passed by and it seems like just yesterday that Rob and I came up with the idea of Brob's Challenge. It has been 20 weeks full of tough WODs--WODs that have tested both the body and the mind. It has been a great learning experience with regard to programming extremely challenging, but not insanely impractical workouts. I definitely botched up some of the WODs, expecting a particular stimulus for some and getting something completely different. But, that's how we learn, is it not? By making mistakes.

I did not quite make a mistake with Brob's #20; however, I should have gone with my original gut feeling. Here is what it was:

Each minute on the minute, for 30 minutes:
1 Clean (squat or power)
2 Shoulder-to-overhead
3 Back squats

The load on the barbell for every movement will be your body weight. If, at any time, you are unable to complete a round within the one minute time limit, the workout ends and you will record your total rounds that you completed.

Kari and I were able to complete all 30 rounds, making the one minute cut-off every time. My original plan was to make the back squats four reps instead of three. In hindsight, I really wish that I would have done that. Although the workout did become more challenging as the minutes wore on, I was still able to complete the round in plenty of time (normally under 20 seconds), with sufficient time to rest for the next one. Overall, it was a great workout--barbell complexes rock!


1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! Smoked and bagged in Self Pity today!

    ReplyDelete