Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brob's #20 or Self Pity?

Today was one heck of a day! No, it was one heck of a weekend! My wife and I were able to spend time with some of the people that are responsible for helping me get my "CrossFit Lifestyle" in the right direction. To be in the place where Brian and I first got to work out together @ CF Ramstein. It was the place where I first learned what CrossFit was really all about. Up until then I had just trained by myself. Man was I high off that first experience.

It was only fitting today as part of the challenge to be able to participate in CF Ramstein's tradional going away wod. This time it was for a great and tough lady Lauren G.
(Actually quite sad if you think about it. "Going away, d...")

Lauren's going away wod:
"Self Pity"

After that we were finished!
However, I didn't and wouldn't let Challenge # 20 slip away.

My first impression during the warm up started worrying me. My shoulder press is 82kg. My push press is much higher and the jerk is something I need to work on more often. Although Brob's # 20 is with BW, it shouldn't be a problem right? My warm up told me that it wasn't going to happen with 86kg today.

At first I thought I'd just put it off for tomorrow. But darn isn't this what we train for? The unknown and unknowable. The conditions and circumstances are always going to be an advantage for you or a disadvantage. So in staying in line with Lauren's wod and for the reason's we started the challenge, I just did it!
No, I didn't have time for any "self pity"!


Thanks Brian and Kari for showing me how it's done! Great effort there!
Thank you Jean for doing the challenge wod with me!

Our results modified to 70kg:

Jean 16 rounds.
Rob. 12 rounds. Burned out and spanked! Should I feel disgraced? Maybe just a little! ;-P

Thanks to the Ramstein crew for letting us party, sleep over and train with you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Rob, you are a "Man's Man"--way to dig deep and get it done!

    ReplyDelete