Monday, February 28, 2011

Brob's #21 & #22

I thought I let a challenge slip by me. Rob sent me #21 a couple of weeks ago and, as usual, I had planned on doing it over the weekend. However, a couple of weekends ago I had to go for a run. Okay, well...I had to go for a 13.1 mile run. Kari and I ran in the 2011 Myrtle Beach Half Marathon.
I had been nursing a slight hamstring pull for the last few weeks and I wanted to make sure I would at least be able to finish the run. My original game plan had changed: I just wanted to keep on running. I finished the half marathon, without stopping, in 2:03:20. I was satisfied with that. However, next time, the goal will be to finish in under two hours! I needed a few days of recovery time following the half marathon so I was unable to complete Brob's #21. But I think (I hope) Rob will allow me to use the 13.1 run as my challenge for the week.

On to challenge #22: Death by burpees...ugh! For anyone that has ever done a burpee, I really don't need to explain how awful this workout became.
My results: 17 minutes + 13

Great job everyone--I'm looking forward to next week's challenge!

1 comment:

  1. You got me again! Even with a sore hamstring it's going to be tough for me this year!!!!

    Thanks for helping me out! I'll need the push!

    ReplyDelete