Saturday, March 5, 2011

Brob's #23

The Painstorm. Who out there can honestly tell me that they actually look forward to the Painstorm. I mean, come on, just the name is enough to cause you to turn your back, slink away, and hang your head in defeat. But that is just not what we do as CrossFitters, is it? No, of course not. Whether we look forward the WOD or not, we always welcome the challenge--that is just how we're programmed. The March 2011 Painstorm was no different.

I check out the A-Blog daily; it is just part of my routine. Akin to the necessity of guzzling down your daily cup of Joe, the A-Blog provides me with the everlasting support of the CrossFit Community. Great posts, great pics, and great words of wisdom and inspiration grace the pages of the A-Blog everyday. And, of course, the first day of each month, the A-Blog brings the Painstorm--this month via CrossFit Northeast England.

It was body weight mayhem! Muscle-ups, handstand push-ups, toes-to-bar, ring dips, pull-ups, and push-ups galore! Add a few 1000m rows in there and you've got one, tough challenge. My hands were borderline ripping throughout the entire WOD; fortunately enough, I was able to get away with just a blood blister on my right hand and some toughened-up callouses to boot.
My time: 33:26 as Rx'd
Kari's time: 50:57 (2 Ab-mats, mu/ring dip assist, 800m run)

Here's a short video clip of Kari and I trudging through the Painstorm. You'll notice that it says "Brob's #22" in the beginning; that was a mistake...it was actually the 23rd challenge. Also, my video camera's battery crapped out about halfway through, so I was unable to get clips for the entire WOD.

1 comment:

  1. Brian! It looks like you are ready for the sectionals! Your mu's and t2b looked swift, easy and effortless! Again congrats to you and Kari! You know why!!!

    ReplyDelete