Sunday, March 27, 2011

CF Games Open 2011 WOD #1

After we decided just to use the WOD #1 from the CF Games Open as a challenge, I thought of how marvelous this wod with over 22,000 other athlete's is going to be. My hat goes off to HQ for this opener! Like Brian mentioned, this isn't all that simple. In my opinion it is a very clever wod to fool the masses.

Why? Just look at it.
A 10min amrap of: 30 double unders followed by 15 power snatches using 35kg. May I just say, Sneaky!

Staying extremely focused is the key here. In the beginning, you have to stay relaxed during the double unders while keeping the glutes and abs tight. If not, your shoulders are going to get tight fast. Think efficiency here. Power snatches with 35kg for seasoned CrossFitters are simple enough. Yet combined with the du's and the amrap, this is one tiring wod for the hip flexors, calves and arms.

I did this wod twice. The first time I only had 5 rounds. Depressing. I couldn't believe it. In the first 2,5min the 3rd round was almost finished. What happened with the rest of the time? Did I burn myself out trying to go fast? Who knows??? So being the sport I am , I didn't argue.(;-P) Just had to suck it up and get on with life.

The second time, I followed the same recipe. We just made sure there was a visible chalk line drawn each round to know where I was at. This time turned out to be better. 6rds+30du+1snatch. Am I happy? NO. There is always going to be the desire to do better.

The competition is going to be tough. A whole lot of great athlete's out there. But isn't that how we get better at something?
Enjoy the Games!

1 comment:

  1. Beastly, Rob!

    I only got 6 rounds + 5 double-unders on my second attempt. You rock, old man! ;)

    ReplyDelete