Monday, March 14, 2011

Brob's #24

Post-WOD bath from Riddic
Half a year: that is how long Rob and I have been doing this challenge. I am fortunate to have such a loyal and true friend. So, I'd first like to say "thank you" Rob for keeping this challenge alive and keeping me honest. Now, on to Brob's #24.

It hasn't really been that long since I left Germany. However, I suppose it has been long enough to forget how the number "1" is written over there in Europe. Long story short: I thought the WOD called for 70 squat snatches and 70 overhead squats at 135lbs. After thinking that, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be a "just gotta finish it, I don't care what my time is" kind of WOD. Luckily enough, Rob and the boys completed the challenge before me--I had the opportunity to read the blog first. Oh...it was 10 reps, not 70...duh!

This challenge definitely targeted some movements I have not done in quite some time. If you watch the video, you'll know what I mean (um...like having to bail out on the first snatch!). My goal, as with most CrossFit WODs, was to just keep moving. The barbell movements were all accomplished at 135lbs--light enough to move relatively quickly, but heavy enough to become burdensome.

The heaviest kettlebell that I own is only 45lbs, so I decided to scale up the reps to 35 instead of 20. I hope this proved to be similar to 20 reps at 32kg.

My time: 12:02


1 comment:

  1. Great work effort Brian!!! 1 Snatch got me as well!

    ReplyDelete