Monday, March 21, 2011

CrossFit Games Open 11.1...Take One

What perfect timing. I couldn't think of a better challenge for this week other than the CrossFit Games Open 11.1. A 10-minute AMRAP. Simple, right? Yeah...not quite. This little bugger-of-a-workout mixed in the need to maintain acute focus while testing one's "gut" throughout the entire 10 minutes.

As of this blog post, I am sitting 228th out of 847 for my region. Needless to say, I am not completely satisfied with my current standing. Because of the deadline extension, I will be reattempting this on Friday. This time around, instead of getting it done at a registered affiliate, I will be accomplishing it in my very own garage gym. Kari will be judging and video taping, and Riddic will be there to cheer me on. I couldn't think of any better way to get it done! My intention with going to an affiliate to compete was to be surrounded by the "competitive atmosphere"--however, I should have known that after 3-2-1...Go, everything around me became a blur, and I went deep down into my own little world. This last time (as most are) was a little world of pain. And you're going to do it again, you ask? Absolutely.

Congrats to Rob and every other CrossFitter out there who finished the first of six CrossFit Open WODs.

No comments:

Post a Comment