Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CF Games Open WOD 11.2...Work Capacity Tested

The CrossFit Games Open WOD 11.2 was a true test of accomplishing work...and fast! The weight was light and the rep scheme was set up so there was virtually no excuse, other than your own, to stop moving. It was a test of overall capacity, heart, grit, and gut.

At the end of the second week of the Open, I am sitting at 231st place out of 1,063 in my region. While I am not entirely satisfied (who ever really is) with my current place, I must keep in mind that there are still four weeks left. I have no great vision of making it to the Games in California in July. However, the Open has given me back my competitive drive and thirst for getting better. Before the Open, I was still doing the 3-on-1-off main site WODs; however, I have now reevaluated my weakness, and made a conscious decision to start working on them with more fervor and dedication.

Check out the last minute of me pushing through 11.2--I love hearing my wife scream at me. To be honest, that is the only thing that I heard throughout that entire, miserable [lovely] 15 minutes. Thanks babe!

1 comment:

  1. It actually WAS 15 reps on the box jumps...the wifey lost count during her intense cheering!

    ReplyDelete