Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CF Games WOD 11.4 - Burpees?


The WOD:
10min AMRAP of:
60 x Bar-Facing Burpees
30 x Overhead Squats with 55kg/120#
10 x Muscle Ups

My thought towards this particular wod, NASTY! Man was this going to weed out the ranks. The Burpees are going to get rid of all the wild kipping going on, making the muscle ups hard for those that cannot do normal ones without a gymnastic kip. The over head squats were going to be tough. After all those Burpess, how heavy is a 55kg bar going to be? Think about the stability here. For me, myself and I, this was going to be interesting. I did a trial run Thursday morning to see how I should pace myself for the real deal. In this attempt I finished with just one mu to let myself know the mu's can be done after all the Burpees and OHS. Mentally speaking, I was set for this one.

When the sun is out in Germany, what does one do on a Saturday afternoon?
Go get some Coffee and Cake! No, just kidding (a little) The Open Games WOD or our challenge of course!

This time around I completely warmed myself up. Every rep counts right? Went and did several sets of OHS to make sure the kinks were out and finished up with some toes to bars. One thing is clear. MU's and I don't always agree with each other. My game plan was to stick with safe, clean and efficient work through the whole deal. Sticking to this game plan was the key for me. Being efficient will help you move faster. Therefore, I made it clear that I would do single MU's to keep me from hurting myself or getting a missed rep. My shoulders are not always forgiving to me.
This time around I finished with 60 burpees, 30 ohs and 7 mu's. Not bad for me I guess.

Congratulations to anyone that attempted this wod! Respect!

1 comment:

  1. Way to knock another one out, Rob! Keep up the pace brother...two more to go!

    ReplyDelete