Saturday, April 16, 2011

Game WOD #3

As Brian mentioned in his thoughts to CF/G/WOD 11.3 the weights did get heavier. I really believed that it was time though. The first 2 wods were great with lighter weights. If the weight is easy, go fast right? This wod was heavy enough to get rid of any excuses about competing. No "if's", no "and's" or "but's". If it was heavy for some, then technique is going to be an issue. (Think: Coach Mike Burgener) If the weight was light for other's then how fast can you push yourself for 5 minutes. (Think something like Fran without the pull ups)

All in all, what fantastic and easy wod to judge. A 5 minute AMRAP of: Squat Clean and Jerk using 165# or 75kg. Some of the footage out there shows some amazing work being done! Respect to all those Monster's and Ladies giving it their all out there!

For me, the 5 minutes went by FAST! My goal was just to get it done with the least amount of missed reps as possible. I didn't have one particular strategy. I did know that if I started using the thruster after the squat clean, things would be getting heavy soon. Therefore, I just stuck with doing squat cleans and jerk. The jerks turned out to be push presses somewhere down the line. The last reps turned into squat clean thrusters. During the last minute, I misunderstood my judge thinking I had 20 reps already. So I thought if I used the thruster I would be faster. Sadly enough, I finished with only 23 + 1 squat clean reps. With 2 reps taken away for not being locked out.

All in all, I should be happy. I might be happy, but then again, I am not satisfied. Things to be worked on. I do notice that the warm up last mentioned is tuning me in. Btw, I added toes 2 bar. I believe the Rob's warm up is complete.

Congrats to all that did what they could to get to the next wod!
Way to bust it Brian!

1 comment:

  1. If you keep this up brother, I think you just may be heading to California...

    ReplyDelete