Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brob's #21 and #22

Brob's #22
Brian's turn! His idea: Keep things simple! So from my part there isn't really all that much to explain.

This week's challenge: Death by Burpee
Another EMOM for us, yet a great idea! Not too many things bring up the suck factor so fast like Burpees do.

My score: 16min + 10 Burpees.
Ralph. 17 min
Bou.19min

Thoughts: It was a nice butt kicker. I am trying to find out a way to get down faster without blowing my shoulder out. For me to be flying down and have that happening is not what I would like to experience again.



Brob's #21 was a simple challenge. I still haven't completely decided what to think about it. An error or was it a good thing to do.

After doing the Self Pity WOD, I thought it would be cool to have a buy in and a cash out.
However, I also thought it would be cool to do something simple.
My idea:

Buy in: 50 thrusters @ 50kg.
WOD: Death by 10m Idea came from CFJax.
A 10m sprint the first min. Back and forth for the 2nd min. 3 lengths @ the 3rd min and so on until you can't finish the sprints required for that minute.

In addition to that, I wore a 10kg vest. My reasoning was that I wanted to remind myself where I came from before I started CrossFit.

The cash out: 50 ghd sit ups.

My score:

60 Thrusters@50kg. I felt really warmed up after the first 30 so I decide to do 10 more. The last three sets were at 10 reps each.

The sprint wod with 10kg vest: Made it to the 16th minute.
Didn't really feel the intensity till the last few minutes.
- Something to think about.

Afterwards, 50 ghd sit ups. Something that one should do more often.
A nice finisher for the day.

1 comment: