Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Empty Tank" - Challenge #4

It was my turn to put together a WOD for this week's challenge. I wanted to incorporate body weight movements with barbell movements, with a pull/push combination. Here is what I came up with:

Max reps deadlift in 90 secs, 90kg
Rest one minute
Max reps push-ups in 90 secs,
Rest one minute
Max reps pull-ups in 90 secs,
Rest one minute
Max reps push press in 90 secs, 45kg
Rest one minute
Max reps hang power snatch in 90 secs, 35kg
Rest one minute
Max reps burpees in 90 secs

Add total reps for score.

The reason this particular blog is titled "Empty Tank" is because that is exactly how I felt during this WOD--like I was running on an empty tank. I attribute this to poor nutrition and lack of rest. Now, when I say poor nutrition I do NOT mean that I have been jamming Big Macs and Whoppers down my gullet three meals a day! I simply mean that I have not been eating what I want, when I want. Bottom line: I am out of my normal routine right now; however, that is to be expected because Kari and I are in middle a PCS move! But, we finally moved into our house this past Tuesday and are starting to get settled in.

Here is how the WOD went down for me: deadlifts: 33, push-ups: 63; pull-ups: 32, push presses: 20, hang power snatches: 16, burpees: 21. Total score: 185

Hopefully, once I get back on track, my WOD performances will start to get better!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob's experience:
Score 191pts
42 deadlifts, 60 push ups, 24 pull ups, 22 push presses, hp snatches 17, burpees 26.

This was a very fun WOD. I felt better and a little more rejuvenated compared to last time. It must be mentioned that when I have night shift, it takes a lot of effort to get my mind and body prepared. (night shifts S*CK !) I'll leave it at that... That said, having the last few days off and sleeping till whenever helped me out. When I only have to concentrate on a wod and eating properly life is easier. ;-D

What also helps is having a few motivated people around. It makes things go a little bit faster. Sometimes that can be positive, if you are not a clock whore.

A big thank's goes out to my wife for letting me screw off the past few days. It is at times really damned hard keeping up with a crazy always changing shift system.

Btw, if you have a weird shift system at work or work only nights, it is really important to eat right and train properly. I already made my point about sleep. If you screw off on all fronts you are f#*ked!

Today's Work:

Empty Tank from Rob Powell on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. We did a 50-40-30-20-10 of:
    pull ups and push ups (hands lifted off the ground every rep)
    for time the day before. This was really interesting!
    Thanks Brian!

    What comes up next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally cut out the hp snatches! Darn it!

    ReplyDelete