Sunday, October 17, 2010

"The Screwdriver" - Challenge #3


Well it is that time of week again.

After much deliberating, I wanted to come up with something that would level me out. I have been way too relaxed about my eating and drinking habits lately. With drinking, I mean beer and cocktails. I don't drink everyday. But recently, There has been too many occasions on the weekends. Now after doing the wod, I have driven that point home. It is time to start eating clean and sticking with water.

Afterthoughts: My time 28:37. What a butt kicker! I felt a whole lot like crap today. My strength was shot. The burpee/hspu drained me out! Speed was gone and last night's screwdrivers just wanted to come up while doing the sit ups. However, as said the point was made. I also noticed during the video that some of the hspu, squats and push ups were a little below par. We will be working on that. It is to be said everyone gave what they could.

The funny side of it, everyone in the vid were out last night. So I wasn't alone suffering.

So without further ado:

Have fun Brian!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian's experience:

It was Rob's turn to program this week's WOD. Because I have limited access to equipment right now, I kindly asked him to program something that did not require much: a body weight workout. That might have been a bad idea!

"The Screwdriver" proved to be a very difficult workout. The burpee and handstand push-up combination was just plain nasty. That part of the workout was a total shoulder smoker. My arms felt like rubber each time I finished a round of handstand push-ups--and, of course, the subsequent burpees felt 10 times as worse as they should have (like burpees are ever pleasant, right?).

I thought that I would be able to smoke through the squats and push-ups; however, because this part of the workout had to be performed immediately after the burpees and handstand push-ups, it went A LOT slower than I would have liked.

The double-unders went surprisingly well, but the sit-ups were slow-going. Needless to say, Rob put together a very challenging workout. Good thing Kari and I were able to do it in a tennis court--the gym was closed (booo), but that was okay because the Shaw gym is actually a quite depressing environment. We (Kari and I) cannot wait to get our garage gym up and running!

My time: 22:36; Kari's time: 25:47. Check out the video below of us tackling "The Screwdriver"...

4 comments:

  1. I will put up the other version. This was just a quick choppy thing to at least show we (I) did it! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff brother! I am already thinking about next week's challenge. You guys have rowers, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO doing this tomorrow for my Ranger Monday WOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't have any rowers. However we can do sdlhp!

    ReplyDelete