Sunday, October 3, 2010

The First Challenge

The Jameson & Rowing Warm-Up
Although I am still in Germany, Rob and I thought that we would kick off the challenge with a special WOD: "The B-Hole". This workout was in honor of our good friend, Jon Wong, who will be departing Germany the same day as me.

"The B-Hole" goes as follows:

Wearing a 20lb vest, complete the following as quickly as possible:
Five rounds of "Cindy"
One round of "Helen"
Last round of "Fran"

-All pull-ups, chest-to-bar
-All push-ups, "true push-ups"
-Thrusters @ 135lbs

I finished the workout as Rx'd in 10:00 flat! During the workout, Lauren was screaming at me to go faster...she wanted me to get sub-10 minutes. Here is the bottom line: I could have gone faster, but the "suck it up factor" wasn't quite all there for me today. My last set of pull-ups were broken up into three sets of three--boooo! I should have just hung on and went for it! It is funny, the mind. Pre-WOD you can always talk yourself up...tell yourself to just go, go go! However, mid-WOD is a completely different story!

Here is a short video of Jon and I gettin' it done:


Rob's experience:

After getting back from Ramstein Friday night, all I wanted to do was Jon's going away wod. Actually, I have been thinking about it since Copenhagen. It's amazing what people can put together while having a few beers.

Bou (Stefan Dallheimer) and I did this Saturday afternoon. So here is what I have to say:

It's a quick little a§§ kicker. I for some reason thought it would be easier. As usual things turned out differently then thought. Thank goodness Bou was there to push me. Pull ups went well considering we used a 10kg vest. Thrusters were completed as singles till the last two. I wasn't too much into the suck so I thought I could pace it.

Bou finished with a good 10:51min, then he yelled at me till I finished with 13:01min. So I for the most part, am happy that we finished under 15:00min. I believe we will be trying this again soon. 10:00min or better is the goal!

My thoughts: eating clean and little alcohol should improve my score. Burpees and pull ups immediatly let me know when I have been eating wrong!

4 comments:

  1. Gonna miss you too brotha! Keep in touch...we won't be far from each other. Keep on me about rugby...I just may have to come up for a match or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon you are burned into our souls with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Rob! Diet...the ever-challenging barrier to our fitness goals!

    ReplyDelete