Sunday, January 16, 2011

Brob's #15

Today was a wonderful day to do the challenge. The weather was just perfect with sunshine and a mild cool temperature.

To keep up with goals, we worked on capacity today. It has been a while since all of the CF Ansbach founder's could get a WOD in together. We were able to discuss the future of CF Ansbach, set goals and get in a really kick a$$ workout together.

I want to thank JB, one of our extended family members and friend from "CF Ramstein". He thought this WOD from CF New England would be the hit for our challenge. He was right. This was a serious can of whip a§§.

Our Challenge:

To do 5 rounds of:
5 hspu
10 power cleans with 135#
15 burpees
20 wallballs w/20#
25 kbs
With 3 min rest between rounds.

The video made shows only 3 rounds. But I am sure it will suffice. I have been trying out different kb techniques lately to improve my swing. I am not really happy with how it went today. I thought each rep was good. However, I see that my arms weren't really locked out. I was trying to keep the kb close to my body instead of a getting a wide arch going. My thought was to save energy this way. I'll have to work on locking my arms out.

Thoughts about the different versions of the kb swing are welcome. What do you find to be the best way and why?

ps. I know the video says Brob's #16. Just a little mistake. ;-P


Our results after substracting the rest phase:
melli: time 27:15! Fantastic Monster in the making.;-P
ralph: time 26:33 after 4 rounds. What was your time after 5 rounds?
simon: talented athlete. 24:55min Great work buddy!
rolf: his job has been keeping him busy. Still gave it all and embraced the suck! 35:30
rob: I wrote down the times for the individual heats. 3:07 /3:55/4:45/6:50/ 5:42 = 24:17

Jean and Reid did this Friday. Reid with a time of 20:30. Jean with 28:00. Good work guys!

Here is our Video!

Good Luck Brian and Kari!

1 comment: