Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brob's #17


After Brian asked me what the next challenge would be, I was already prepared! Taking advantage of the situation, I wanted to come up with something that would instigate or antagonize us just a little. When you think about it, what exactly is a challenge? As far as I am concerned it something that is difficult and that you usually wouldn't do. At least not everyday.

What would be difficult? What test could we come up with to test our physical preparedness? That is the reason why we CrossFit. To be functional in life. To train for the unknown and unknowable. Anyways, I just thought it would be nice to get our rear ends handed to us again.
;-D

Our Challenge for this week:
10 rounds of:

30 x Double Unders
20 x Burpees
5 x Muscle Ups

After finishing 8 weeks of strength work yesterday (bench and back squat), I knew this would seriously kick my butt. I have never done that many mu's before. If you noticed with Brob's #13, they aren't actually easy for me either. Therefore, not having done that many metcons lately, I knew this would be tough.

However, I wasn't alone.
David and Reid were there to go through the suck too.
Thanks guys!

David was able to get his first MU! That's what happens when you get tired of doing 15 pull ups and 15 dips as a substitute for 5 mu's. Great work!
Reid was able to show perfect technique with all of his muscle ups. Each round was 5 in a row! My hat goes off to you buddy!!!

As for me, the hip flexors were really tired out from the burpees and the double unders. It took a concentrated effort to get the mu's done.
Btw, I hate burpees! :-D

Our times:
Reid.rx'd 31:44
Rob. rx'd 43:31 I'll be doing this in 8 weeks again. I believe it can be done in under 20 minutes.

Thanks to Jürgen (Mändi) for the support as well! Can't quit when you got a witness. Btw, a great barkeeper!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks rob this looks like a good one, I'll try to squeeze it in this week and get back to you

    ReplyDelete