Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brob's #17

Rob made an excellent point in his post below when he said, "...what exactly is a challenge...it is something difficult that you usually wouldn't do." Because we've been doing this challenge for quite some time now, I did not want to get caught in the trap of "bogus programming". This week's workout was far from bogus ; it was legitimate and most worthy of Brob's Challenge.

I knew it was going to be a grind; pacing myself was a very important factor in completing this challenge satisfactorily. It was one of those workouts where, somewhere in the middle of it, you seriously start considering just loafing your way through the remaining rounds. However, I tried my best not to listen to that little voice...I tried to keep a steady and even pace. The only rest that was taken was short breaths in between the burpees and muscle-ups. The double-unders, for the most part, went pretty well. I got tripped up a few times and my shorts almost fell down to my ankles (forgot to tie the drawstring), but overall I was happy with them.
Luckily, I had Kari alongside of me to keep the energy up! This workout would definitely have been much tougher to complete without someone there to keep me going. To put in perspective the amount of repetitions that we completed, check out the following numbers:

Double-unders: 300
Burpees: 200 (ugh!)
Muscle-ups: 50

Kari's time: 39:06 (assisted muscle-ups)
My time: 28:32 as Rx'd

No comments:

Post a Comment