Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Brob's 41# or my failed attempt.

Dec's Painstorm:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
of
1.5 x bw dl
1.25 x bw back squat
.75 x bw shoulder press.

Nice and cruel!

Thanks to my son Julian for getting this posted for me! (it's great having someone who understands my thought process!) At the same time,I am getting over the flu or whatever it is. Sitting at the computer or doing anything this week just isn't in the bag.

Our Challenge this past weekend "December's Painstorm" didn't cut me any slack at all. Unfortunately I had to quit at the end of the 19th rep of the squats. (2nd round) due to a muscle strain. I thought I could modify the wod and do just deadlifts and presses. However, just setting up for the deadlift caused pain. It's really sad because I generally like these types of workouts. The "slow lifts" usually are not some of my weaknesses.

The weights I had to use were not heavy considering that 135kg is an easy weight for me to deadlift multiple times. 112kg are easy to squat normally. I did notice that I was having problems with the press @ 67.5kg. That would have been difficult to finish fast. So even though I didn't finish I learned something valuable.

Lately, I have been doing 3 days a week program which gives me enough time to recuperate. But on those work days which are long, we really pushing hard! REST DAYS are there to Rest. I will probably being doing the challenge on Sunday's to keep the rest periods in check. On one of the off days I will go run, row, rope jumping or combine those. Nothing major, just enough to experience something different. Having the Open coming earlier this year does not make it easier for me to quit like that.

Fortunately, Bou (Stefan D.) was there doing the wod with me. Seeing him push hard was nice. Especially because he and Brian have a lot of the same strengths. So I can kind of set my pace towards him. He's like a duracell battery. Just keeps going...

Bou's time 27:27

We have a little time till Febuary 22nd. Let's see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment