Saturday, December 24, 2011

Brob's 44


This week's Challenge is short, sweet and intensive. Constantly varied!!! I Love this sh!t. I really wouldn't train ANY other way. Being that the WOD was shorter, I thought this week I'd put a little more effort into the Blog. Talk about this, talk about that. It's the end of the year and I still have to get my wife's Christmas presents packed and wrapped.

So here we go. I am 46 years of age and at times I do look it. But I am faster, stronger, more agile, have more coordination, have a shit load of endurance. What else? Hmmmm? More mobility and flexibility then at any other time in my life. At times I love correcting or messing with people while doing a WOD. Try and catch up!

Sometimes I talk a lot of nonsense. But it's just me. Sometimes I love to joke around and ****off. But that's just me. Sometimes I am serious and get pissy. But that's just me. I like to mix it up. But I do love to lift heavy shit sometimes far and a lot of times fast. I love to push myself to the limits.

There are a lot of shitty ways to train out there. I know, I spent 20-30 years trying it all. My wife and I know tons of people out there that quit lifting, quit doing this and quit doing that. (By the way, can somebody tell me if anyone really believes Zumba will get you fit?) I can and will tell you why. Either they hurt themselves because of shitty training with machines or stupid ways of doing exercises. Or they just didn't see any fuc*ing results fast enough. We were led to believe you have to look fit to be fit. So people acted like mice on a treadmill chasing a dream in a magazine. People were led to believe it's easy getting a certain figure. People do not have time and they get bored fast. We payed to much attention to what was going on outside. For example how we look or how we appear to others figurewise. The health industry knows this and doesn't want everyone reaching their goals. They'd be broke.

The truth is, at all most all fitness clubs I have been to in the states or europe, be it big name clubs or small fitness clubs. The trainers sucked. Most people didn't have any guidance. If they did it's B.S. standard crap that was written in the mags. Any idiot can show you how to use a machine. People were led to believe they need this supplement or another one to get results. All BS.

CrossFit put the concept out there as open source and said; "Hey do this and prove us wrong". (My way of interpreting it.) This is the real deal. They tell you to look for trainers that are interested in you and who really do give shit. Not just about the money. CrossFit teaches us how to get to the results we need fast and safe if we pay attention to detail. Hence the tip: "Leave your EGO at the door."

So what's my point?

Today's Work:

8min Amrap of:

100m row
7 x deadlifts with 100kg (easy shit)
14 x wallball shots with 10kg ball

5min rest
then fib:
Max weight for 1 rep Snatch (we did the squat snatch)
6min time limit.

Results:
Bou. 5 rounds + 30m/ 85kg snatch
rob. 5 rounds /70kg snatch

We have no injuries, no stiff joints and none what so ever health problems! That is the point!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment