Sunday, December 4, 2011

Brob's #41

The monthly Painstorm is named appropriately. Simply put, it is a storm of pain--and this month's workout was no different. Anytime that there are three barbells involved, each loaded with moderate weight, and a rep scheme that was designed to test strength endurance, well, you've got something quite nasty on your hands.

I've really been trying to focus on getting a good warm-up in before I hit the WOD. I force myself to get a good 5-minute, general warm-up in (rowing, jogging, jumping rope, etc). After my core temperature is up, I proceed into about a 10-15 minute dynamic/WOD specific warm-up. Then, and only then, am I ready to hit the stop watch and GO!

The deadlifts (for once) felt decent. I had to break them up in the middle rounds, but I felt okay. I did not break parallel on some of my back squats, which was very disappointing! And the presses...no sweat! Overall, I feel that I had a satisfactory performance. I really wanted to increase the pace of my sets/reps; however, I did not want to sacrifice technique for time. Granted, I got "out of position" on some of the reps, but that is bound to happen when you are pushing yourself hard! My time (at 170lbs bw): 23:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment