Sunday, December 5, 2010

Brob's #10

Let me be honest: I was skeptical about this WOD at first. I thought that the body weight back squats would slow me down considerably, and take away from the "stimulus" that I perceived this WOD was supposed to provide. I was wrong.

Rob put together a nasty little 15 minute AMRAP that proved to be challenging, yet not cumbersome, which at first,  I thought it may have been. Halfway through the WOD, the 10lb kettlebell unharnessed itself from the weight vest I was wearing and toppled to the floor. Instead of trying to re-fasten it to the vest and waste precious time, I decided to add one more pull-up (six instead of five) to the sequence. I enjoyed the "extra weight challenge" that this workout provided and was satisfied with my result.

My score: 6 rounds + 5 ring pull-ups + 10 wall-ball sit-ups + 1 back squat

Hey Rob...beware brother--you gave me a GREAT idea for next week's challenge. I will give you a hint: it involves accomplishing a lot of "moderate to heavy weight" work while out of breath. More to come on that! In the meantime, check out the short video of Kari and I taking on this week's challenge:

3 comments:

  1. You both kicked Butt on this one! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My butt and my hams are telling me "thank you!" all day long now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...it's been getting worse for me all day--can't wait till tomorrow morning! ;)

    ReplyDelete