Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brob's #13 - Lesson Learned

I have been CrossFitting for a little over four and a half years. I have been teaching, coaching, and programming CrossFit workouts for a little over a year and a half. I am confident in each of the aforementioned skills; however, I made a mistake.

Like all CrossFit workouts, this week's challenge was supposed to solicit a particular response. My idea behind this workout was for it to last at least 20 minutes. Oh, how wrong was I. What was the culprit? The muscle-ups, of course. I was able to complete the first two rounds with unbroken muscle-ups. However, once I got to the third round, I had to start breaking them up. This, of course, made it extremely difficult to complete a full round in one minute or less. I am not disappointed that I screwed up with the programming of this challenge--I will learn from my mistake. Hey Rob...I appreciate you and your crew taking this one on; I won't let you down the next time it is my turn to program the WOD.

Here is a short video of me getting through it...my score: 5 rounds + 2 muscle-ups

1 comment:

  1. You can say what you want. You busted butt though. It might not have been the work out you wanted. However, we both know that you still got some effective work done!

    btw, your mu's were good. Locked out at the bottom. Complete extension at the top.

    ReplyDelete