Monday, December 20, 2010

Brob's #12

It was early. The sky was slate gray, it was raining, and it was cold. There was seemingly not enough time in the day to get everything done. It was a perfect opportunity to just say "screw it" in regard to the workout. Three things stopped me from doing that: 1) my wife, 2) my half marathon training, and (of course!) 3) Brob's Challenge. Besides, where in "constantly varied" does it have the caveat of..."depending on the weather, your mood, and the current environment...?"

So, Kari and I donned the appropriate "crappy weather running apparel" and set out to put our four miles in. It wasn't as bad as I thought--it never is though, is it? I've been trying to gauge when to "kick it in" for each of my runs. This time, I decided to turn it on about the one mile mark...it felt good. My goal was to complete the four miles in 32 minutes or less (with the hope of a sub-30 minute time). We crossed the finish line with the following times:

Me: 29:42
Kari: 29:57

We were glad that we decided to get off our butts and complete this challenge...it would have gone against principle if we didn't. Besides, who knows when we'll have to be quick on our feet...



2 comments:

  1. Love it! You guys kick butt! btw, some of the Ramstein crew was in Ansbach this weekend. How I love seeing those people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro...so did you! Chris said he was going to be down there...Kari and I wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete