Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brob's #11

The Challenge:

Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
9 Burpees
7 Deadlifts, 185lbs (85kg)
5 Cleans (power or squat), 185lbs (85kg)
3 Overhead squats, 185lbs (85kg)

This was one, tough workout. It was my turn to program the challenge this week, and I wanted to put together a workout that tested our ability to move moderate to heavy weight while out of breath. I believe that I met that goal. After the 400 meter run and burpees, the 185lbs started to feel like 350lbs! The conditions were not ideal, but surprisingly enough, that really did not effect me too much. As you'll see in the video below, one of the most challenging parts of the workout was the overhead squats. Normally, 185lbs is pretty manageable for me. However, with the addition of the running, burpees, and the other tasks, the overhead squats quickly became a struggle.

My time: 19:54

1 comment:

  1. That was one tough WOD! Our challenges have so far covered almost everything. But I am sure we will find some more stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete