Sunday, December 19, 2010

Brob's #12



After our last week's challenge, I asked Brian what should we come up with next. After mentioning that he and his wife Kari are training for a half marathon, he suggested running 4 miles. (6.5km) Looking at what we have done so far, I instantly thought it would be a good idea. Although it's just "running", I was sure that the elements would make this an interesting workout.

It was a good day to get a run in. Some more snow had fallen last night and today. Being that running can also be somewhat like meditation, I decided to run at dusk. It's peaceful at this time of day during the winter. There aren't too many people out and about at this time of day or year. Plus, it makes me more relaxed and I can focus better.

My attitude towards todays challenge was to find some hills, paths that haven't been used in a while and lot's of snow. As a warm up I did the following: got dressed, drank a cup of water, gave the wife a kiss and put my shoes on.

I felt that we have trained for the unkown and unknowable. So let's test it. I thought about the fight or flee thing and thought about how would I be running if there was a Sibirian Tiger chasing me.

So I hit the door and just started running, I concentrated on moving quickly and jumped over snow mounds that have been created from people shoveling snow this week. Once I got to the woods it was just hitting a path with lots of snow. I made sure I got some hills in on this run.

One thing that I realized through today's challenge,

I do not need to run all the time to be fit. I am fit enough to be able to run when ever I need or want to.

My run was actually 7km; Time: 32min.

Hope Brian and Kari had a good time with this one!

2 comments:

  1. Axel: 26:59 rx'd
    Running on snow sucks. now there are like 3 brown splashs on the holy Crossfit Ansbach Shirt. Sorry for that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay Axel! Just keep going!

    ReplyDelete